Indiana's High School Equivalency Credential : The HSE Diploma
The HSE Diploma is earned by passing the Test of Adult Secondary Credit (TASC) Test. The test is ONLY offered at official testing sites throughout Indiana. Testing can be done by taking either a computer-based test or the traditional pencil/paper test. Although the test can be delivered via the computer, it is NOT available to take online.
HSE 2016-17 TASC Test SchedulePlease note: The April test dates listed in the original brochure were incorrect. The new brochure has been updated to reflect the correct date. The morning test in April is April 5th & 6th at 9:00 AM.
Who is Eligible to Take the TASC Test?
To be eligible for the test the candidate must:
- not hold a diploma from an accredited high school or its equivalent
- must be 18 years of age or older, or
- if under 18 must have officially exited high school and have obtained an exit interview sighed by the student, parent, principal, and Superintendent of Schools
- must provide a government issued picture ID
- Must have lived in Indiana for 30 days or more
How to sign up for the HSE Test
Procedure for signing up for the test:
- The candidate must sign up in person for the test during regular office hours. The main office is open Monday through Thursday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM and on Friday's from 8:30 AM to 2:00 PM.
- The candidate must pay for the HSE Test at the time of registration. To take the entire test the cost is $90.00. A re-test is $ 18.00 per subject area. The test must be paid for in cash or a money order. Candidates must bring exact change if paying in cash. Money orders should be made payable to NEO. (We do not accept personal checks in payment of the test. We do not have a point of sale terminal for debit or credit cards).
- The candidate will fill out a registration form. All requested information must be provided at the time of registration. This includes an Indiana address, working telephone number, social security number, and an emergency contact name and phone number.
- The candidate must provide proof of identity in the form of a government issued picture id such as
- an Indiana Driver's Licence
- an Indiana State ID Card
- a Military ID
- a passport
- any other government issued form that has the name, address, date of birth, and is a photo ID
If the form of identification used does not establish Indiana residency, then a second form of identity establishing Indiana residency for a minimum of thirty (30) days must be shown. This second form may be a utility bill, rental agreement, or other similar form.
Candidate eligibility must be established prior to a candidate sitting for any part of the HSE test, including when sitting for the full battery or for retesting purposes.